Visit the Livonia Public Library with Your Class, Scout group, or Organization
Schedule a fun and free class visit with a librarian! The visit can be adapted for your class, but most teachers schedule a basic library orientation. During the orientation students (and parents) will:
- learn about the many resources the library has to offer
- take a guided tour of the Children’s Department
- be given the opportunity to apply for a library card*
- Learn how to care for library materials
- have time to browse in the Children’s area
Depending on your needs, we may also be able to provide:
- a storytime for younger children
- book talks to help students find age-appropriate books
- an introduction to our free, online resources and student-friendly databases
- a Reading Merit Badge counselor for Boy Scouts of America
*Students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent (and be a Livonia resident) to register for a library card.
Special note to teachers:
Class visits need to be scheduled in advance. Call the children’s department at the branch you wish to tour:
Carl Sandburg Library
Alfred Noble Library
Teachers and chaperones must stay with students at all times.
Let us know about upcoming projects (Research assignments, reading lists, Battle of the Books, etc) so we can be prepared to help your students. Please send your information (and a copy of the assignment if possible) to email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you and your students!